Senior Pipefitting Technician
North Carolina, USA
EPOC Enviro (known in Australia as OPEC Systems) is an award-winning environmental engineering firm. The EPOC acronym stands for ‘Emerging Pollutants of Concern’.
Our tagline is ‘protecting and improving our environment’. We do this by implementing clever and practical engineering solutions on a global scale to permanently remove PFAS and other emerging contaminants from the environment. We proudly apply the principles of intelligent design, sustainable engineering and green chemistry to our capability.
EPOC Enviro is seeking a Senior Pipefitting Technician to join our new U.S. manufacturing operation based in the greater Charlotte area. The Senior Pipefitting Technician will be responsible for pipefitting the piping systems for containerized water treatment plant units. If you are a plumbing or pipefitting professional looking for an exciting new step in your career, this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
Please note, the Senior Pipefitting Technician will be required to travel to Australia for 3-4 weeks of training. A current passport and ability to travel internationally is required.
- Installation of pipes and pipefitting components
- Interprets schematics to complete assembly and installation of pipes and pipe fittings into the units
- Inspects systems to ascertain potential installation or functional issues
- Measures, cuts, threads, glues, solders and installs pipe and pipe fittings
- Inspects piping system to troubleshoot malfunctions
- Tests repaired or newly installed system for leaks, malfunctions
- Ensures compliance with applicable plumbing codes
- May provide work direction to other technicians
- May use welder to weld piping and miscellaneous brackets related to plumbing jobs
- Monitor inventory level of materials to notify supply room of potential stock shortage
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Completion of assembly schematics, checklists, and other quality assurance documentation
- Assisting with improving existing quality management processes and plans
- Provide input towards evolution of product design
- Proactive engagement in improvement of existing quality management processes and plans
- Proactive engagement in improvement of existing safety management systems
- Experience in metal fabrication
- Valid residential or journeyman license from a State Board of Plumbing
- Successful completion of a four-year or five-year apprenticeship in the plumbing trade, OR Five to Seven (5-7) years of verifiable plumbing/pipefitting experience
- Ability to use all common hand and power tools
- High mechanical aptitude & technically minded
- Quality minded, high attention to detail
- Sound knowledge of plumbing and manufacturing safety practices and related OSHA regulations
- Good interpersonal skills and stakeholder management abilities required to build the necessary relationships with peers, operations, and other departments
- Proficient in MIG, TIG or Arc welding
- Prior water treatment experience preferred
- AWS Weld Certification preferred
- EPOC offers a well-rounded benefits package, including: comprehensive medical insurance, life and disability insurance and Employee Assistance support.
- EPOC is an Environmental company and their focus on protecting and improving the environment extends to their employees. They aim to provide a place that is safe and enjoyable to work.
- EPOC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.