Senior Electrical Assembly Technician
North Carolina, USA
EPOC Enviro (known in Australia as OPEC Systems) is an award-winning environmental engineering firm. The EPOC acronym stands for ‘Emerging Pollutants of Concern’.
Our tagline is ‘protecting and improving our environment’. We do this by implementing clever and practical engineering solutions on a global scale to permanently remove PFAS and other emerging contaminants from the environment. We proudly apply the principles of intelligent design, sustainable engineering and green chemistry to our capability.
EPOC Enviro is seeking a Senior Electrical Assembly Technician to join a new U.S. manufacturing operation based in the greater Charlotte area. The Senior Electrical Assembly Technician will be responsible for the assembly and wiring of electrical systems for containerized water treatment plant units. If you are an experienced electrical professional looking for an exciting new challenge in your career, this could be the perfect job for you!
Please note, the Senior Electrical Assembly Technician will be required to travel to Australia for 3-4 weeks of training. A current passport and ability to travel internationally is required.
- Prepares work to be completed by studying assembly instructions, blueprint specifications, and parts lists; gathering parts, subassemblies, tools, and materials
- Assemble components by examining connections for correct fit; fastening parts and subassemblies
- Able to read and understand wiring schematics
- Monitor inventory level of materials to notify supply room of potential stock shortage
- Verify specifications by measuring & inspecting completed component
- Resolve electrical problems by addressing issues to meet specifications; notifying supervisor to obtain additional resources as necessary
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Assembly and wiring of components and systems for the units
- Provide electrical support for manufacturing operations and maintenance requirements
- Completion of assembly schematics, checklists, and other electrical quality assurance documentation
- Assisting with improving existing quality management processes and plans
- Provide input towards evolution of product design
- Proactive engagement in improvement of existing quality management processes and plans
- Proactive engagement in improvement of existing safety management systems
- Associate’s degree in mechatronics, electronics engineering, or electrical engineering technology preferred
- At least 5 – 7 years of experience with electrical control systems
- Manufacturing process knowledge and experience
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics and panel layout drawings
- Must possess a basic understanding of electrical circuit design and concepts
- Must be able to wire and test low voltage control devices, including Motor Starters, VFD’s, Servo’s, PLC’s and HMI’s
- Proficient with the use of common electrical testing tools and the ability to operate hand and power tools
- Must possess the ability to perform basic troubleshooting of panels
- Very knowledgeable with established layout and wiring practices (e.g., NEC and UL)
- Proven PLC programming and fault-finding skills
- Experience with Variable Speed Drives
- Sound knowledge of electrical safety practices and related OSHA regulations pertaining to electrical safety
- Good interpersonal skills and stakeholder management abilities required to build the necessary relationships with peers, operations, and other departments
- Understanding of electrical, instrumentation and process design principles
- High level proficiency with Microsoft suite of programs such as Excel, Word, Project
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills & attention to detail
- EPOC Enviro offers a well-rounded benefits package, including: comprehensive medical insurance, life and disability insurance and Employee Assistance support.
- EPOC Enviro is an Environmental company and their focus on protecting and improving the environment extends to their employees. They aim to provide a place that is safe and enjoyable to work.
- EPOC Enviro is an Equal Opportunity Employer.