Senior Automation Technician
North Carolina, USA
EPOC Enviro (known in Australia as OPEC Systems) is an award-winning environmental engineering firm. The EPOC acronym stands for ‘Emerging Pollutants of Concern’.
Our tagline is ‘protecting and improving our environment’. We do this by implementing clever and practical engineering solutions on a global scale to permanently remove PFAS and other emerging contaminants from the environment. We proudly apply the principles of intelligent design, sustainable engineering and green chemistry to our capability.
EPOC Enviro is seeking a Senior Automation Technician to join our new U.S. manufacturing operation based in the greater Charlotte area. The Senior Automation Technician will be responsible for the assembly and wiring of electrical and control systems for containerized water treatment plant units. If you are an experienced automation professional looking for an exciting new challenge in your career, this could be the perfect job for you!
Please note, the Senior Automation Technician will be required to travel to Australia for 3-4 weeks of training. A current passport and ability to travel internationally is required.
- Assembly and wiring of components and systems for the units
- Support automation projects to install, test, and troubleshoot complex automated equipment
- Diagnose and repair complex mechanical, pneumatic, electrical, and controls problems
- Use Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) including basic and ladder logic to read/write basic wiring diagrams, schematics, and blueprints to diagnosis problems
- Prepares work to be completed by studying assembly instructions, blueprint specifications, and parts lists; gathering parts, subassemblies, tools, and materials
- Monitor inventory level of materials to notify supply room of potential stock shortage
- Resolve electrical problems by addressing issues to meet specifications
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Assisting with improving existing quality management processes and plans
- Provide input towards evolution of product design
- Proactive engagement in improvement of existing quality management processes and plans
- Proactive engagement in improvement of existing safety management systems
- Associate’s degree with an emphasis in automation or related area preferred
- At least 5 – 7 years of automated manufacturing equipment installation and maintenance experience
- Manufacturing automation experience strongly preferred
- ISA CST Certification preferred
- Ability to read, write, interpret, and draw mechanical and electrical diagrams, schematics and blueprints
- Thorough understanding of the NFPA 70 Electrical Code Advanced knowledge of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic systems
- Advanced knowledge of industrial controls and instrumentation
- Advanced mechanical aptitude and ability to troubleshoot complex problems
- Ability to make changes to Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) using advanced ladder logic, read/write wiring diagrams, schematics and blueprints
- Good verbal and written English language skills necessary to communicate intricate job-related information
- Proficiency with Multi-meter, scope, basic hand tools, and portable power tools
- Manufacturing process knowledge and experience
- Must be able to wire and test low voltage control devices, including Motor Starters, VFD’s, Servo’s, PLC’s and HMI’s
- Very knowledgeable with established layout and wiring practices (e.g., NEC and UL)
- Sound knowledge of electrical safety practices and related OSHA regulations pertaining to electrical safety
- Good interpersonal skills and stakeholder management abilities required to build the necessary relationships with peers, operations, and other departments
- High level proficiency with Microsoft suite of programs such as Excel, Word, Project
- EPOC Enviro offers a well-rounded benefits package, including: comprehensive medical insurance, life and disability insurance and Employee Assistance support.
- EPOC Enviro is an Environmental company and their focus on protecting and improving the environment extends to their employees. They aim to provide a place that is safe and enjoyable to work.
- EPOC Enviro is an Equal Opportunity Employer.