Senior Assembly Technician
North Carolina, USA
EPOC Enviro (known in Australia as OPEC Systems) is an award-winning environmental engineering firm. The EPOC acronym stands for ‘Emerging Pollutants of Concern’.
Our tagline is ‘protecting and improving our environment’. We do this by implementing clever and practical engineering solutions on a global scale to permanently remove PFAS and other emerging contaminants from the environment. We proudly apply the principles of intelligent design, sustainable engineering and green chemistry to our capability.
EPOC Enviro is seeking a team of Senior Assembly Technicians to join our new U.S. manufacturing operation based in the greater Charlotte area. The Senior Assembly Technicians will assemble containerized water treatment plant units and prepare them to be shipped out across the United States. If you are a mechanically gifted professional looking for an exciting new step in your career, this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
Please note, the Senior Assembly Technicians will be required to travel to Australia for 3-4 weeks of training. A current passport and ability to travel internationally is required.
- Assemble units per design drawings and work instructions, including assembly, pipe fitting and machining, as required
- Assemble electrical and mechanical systems
- Troubleshoot and repair complex machinery and systems
- Test and calibrate equipment to ensure optimal performance
- Collaborate with engineers and other technicians to identify and resolve issues
- Participate in factory acceptance testing, as necessary
- Participate in continuous improvement activities
- Train and mentor junior technicians as needed
- Proactively identify health, safety & quality issues and concerns as soon as they arise
- Recommend improvements to the lean manufacturing process
- Associate’s degree in mechatronics, mechanical / electrical engineering technology, or electronics engineering preferred
- At least 5 – 7 years of experience in advanced technical assembly
- Strong knowledge of PLC systems
- Experience with SLC 500 and VFD systems
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and schematics
- Must possess a basic understanding of electrical circuit design and concepts
- Must be able to wire and test low voltage control devices, including Motor Starters, VFD’s, Servo’s, PLC’s and HMI’s
- Proficient with the use of common electrical testing tools and the ability to operate hand and power tools
- Must possess the ability to perform basic troubleshooting of panels
- Very knowledgeable with established layout and wiring practices (e.g., NEC and UL)
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Intermediate IT skills – MS Word, Excel, Outlook Email
- Understanding of Enterprise resource management software
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills with high attention to detail
- Self-motivator with high-quality standards, willingness to learn, and a proactive mindset
- MIG/TIG/Arc Welding skills (preferred)
- Plastic pipe assembly skills (preferred)
- Experience working in a lean manufacturing environment
- EPOC offers a well-rounded benefits package, including: comprehensive medical insurance, life and disability insurance and Employee Assistance support.
- EPOC is an Environmental company and their focus on protecting and improving the environment extends to their employees. They aim to provide a place that is safe and enjoyable to work.
- EPOC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.