Control Room Technician
North Carolina, USA
EPOC Enviro (known in Australia as OPEC Systems) is an award-winning environmental engineering firm. The EPOC acronym stands for ‘Emerging Pollutants of Concern’.
Our tagline is ‘protecting and improving our environment’. We do this by implementing clever and practical engineering solutions on a global scale to permanently remove PFAS and other emerging contaminants from the environment. We proudly apply the principles of intelligent design, sustainable engineering and green chemistry to our capability.
EPOC Enviro is seeking a Control Room Technician to join our new U.S. manufacturing operation based in the greater Charlotte area. The Control Room Technician will remotely monitor the telemetry from containerized water treatment plant units deployed in the field. With great attention to detail, the Control Room Technician will identify any operational problems with units in the field and either find a remote solution or escalate the issue to the field service team.
Please note, the Control Room Technician will be required to travel to Australia for 3-4 weeks of training. A current passport and ability to travel internationally is required.
- Daily monitoring of remote telemetry to assess condition of units and ensure they are within operational tolerances
- Identification of fault conditions via remote telemetry interface
- Fault finding, diagnosis and troubleshooting of fault conditions via remote telemetry
- Resetting units to return to normal operational state
- Reporting of fault conditions to Operations Manager in relevant country
- Enter faults into the fault register for each unit
- Complete the daily log of operations for each unit when required
- Escalation of faults to appropriate supervisor in the event of NO-RESPONSE outcome from territory operations manager
- Liaise with Clients to inform and advise of operational condition with constraints of contractual requirements
- Read and interpret commissioning reports
- Read and understand product Operations and Maintenance Manual
- Recommend reactive maintenance tasks to operations based on fault finding activities/reporting
- Recommend equipment repairs and replacement based on fault finding activities/reporting
- HMI interface and control monitoring
- Attend ongoing telemetry operator training as required based on design upgrades
- Engage subject matter experts as required
- At least 5 – 7 years of experience remotely monitoring and troubleshooting complex equipment, preferably in an industrial environment
- Ability to read and interpret process & instrumentation diagrams (P&ID) and technical drawings
- Fault finding, diagnosis and troubleshooting skill sets
- Strong technical problem-solving skills
- Capable of writing clear, accurate reports
- Strong computer literacy including use of Microsoft Office suite of products
- Associate’s degree in IT, industrial automation, or another relevant field
- Water treatment plant experience
- Human Machine Interface (HMI) operational experience
- Electrical / mechanical trade qualifications
- OEM specific equipment installation qualifications/experience
- Understand the basic concepts of condition monitoring
- Proficient with Stridelinx monitoring software platform
- Proficient with Microsoft Power BI
- Working within an ISO accredited Quality, Safety & Environmental policy and procedure framework
- EPOC offers a well-rounded benefits package, including: comprehensive medical insurance, life and disability insurance and Employee Assistance support.
- EPOC is an Environmental company and their focus on protecting and improving the environment extends to their employees. They aim to provide a place that is safe and enjoyable to work.
- EPOC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.